Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Orlando Memory

Orlando Memory is the Web 2.0 version of your scrapbook, your 8 mm films, your slide carousels, your oral histories passed down from generation to generation all wrapped into one. While I didn't post any of my actual library location, I did post one of my Orlando memories. Some day,  I'm sure that working people will look back on the day when people actually drove to their place of employment every day for many minutes of the day, hours in the week, and weeks in the year and think, "How crazy were they back in the day?  What a terribly unproductive use of time and irresponsible taxing of our planet."  

That said, what would that morning commute be without the decision of do I stop at McDonald's, at Chick Fil A, at Krispy Kreme, or at Dunkin Donuts.  Well,  my readers, for many a morning the winner was Krispy Kreme donuts on University by UCF.  However, that particular location went out of business a number of months ago.  My contribution, albeit small, is a picture of the famous conveyor belt with the tasty glazed donuts rolling along, just moments away from my enjoying them on the way to work.

Ah..the good ol days.  I realize now as a write this that this post may be the antithesis to my earlier post on getting healthier...

No comments: