Friday, July 10, 2009

ALA/Chicago/Playaway


And now for something completely different....I will be attending ALA courtesy of Playaway this weekend. I fly into Chicago tomorrow and will present as a part of a panel called "Playaway with Your Peers at 10:30 on Sunday. If you are attending ALA, please come by and learn more about the format and say hello! It will be at the NW Room 5 of the Hilton Chicago. Yvonne Oliger, Director of the Brown County Library in Nashville, IN and Kitty Pope, Executive Director of Alliance Library System in East Peoria, IL will also be on the panel. I know my staff at Herndon were asking if I would be blogging, tweeting and fbooking about my trip and I'll know more once I arrive in Chicago tomorrow night. And my library system, the Orange County Library System in Orlando, also gave me an Itouch on loan to hopefully show some of our cool new mobile apps, social networking, and 2.0 and beyond stuff.....

Look forward to meeting new folks!


No comments: